Information I Collect
To fulfill your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised the selling platform to provide to me), such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information, and the details of the product that you’re ordering.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
- when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time;
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
- Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies and Card Payment providers. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
- Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
- Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
All data I collect and retain is stored via Microsoft and protected by several layers of protection including Avast Secure Line with Bank Safe Mode, Malware Bytes Web, Exploit and Ransomware Protection and PC Password Protection.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
How to Contact Me
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Absent exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
- Object. You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Anne Maine, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternately, you may mail me at:
Anne Maine, 118 Baker Street, Burntwood, Staffordshire, WS7 4RQ
PAYMENT & REFUNDS
We try to ensure that our items are of good quality as described on their listing. If for some reason an item has been listed incorrectly in error or does not meet buyer’s expectations, we ask that you contact us by email in the first instance, within 14 days of purchase. Once confirmed your refund will be issued, but if your item has been dispatched, this must be returned to us within 10 days of cancellation in order to process your refund, otherwise it will be assumed you wish to purchase the item. The return postage must be tracked and will be reimbursed on receipt of item. Once the item is received and examined to ensure it is in the same condition as it was when dispatched, the agreed refund will be given. As per distance selling regulations you have the right to cancel your purchase within a period of 14 days from purchase date, which must be made in writing (email). As a Buyer you will pay for return postage if you change your mind, plus reimbursement will be for the item cost only.
For non receipt of items, we ask that you contact us by email or message in the first instance, within 14 days of purchase. All our postages are prepaid and printed by Royal Mail and handed over the Post Office counter. Unfortunately once we have dispatched a package, we are at the mercy of the postal service for it to be delivered. We will naturally file a claim for the loss with Royal Mail and we presume you will cooperate when they contact you. Thankfully they are now proactively investigating missing parcels. The claims for all missing items will follow the dates and times set by Royal Mail procedures.